- Milk replacer
After numerous experiences over the years, we have found a real substitute for the milk provided by the mother of the calves, which is ideally complemented with the Santa Sylvina’s calf starter, providing calves in their milk feeding stage with all the necessary nutrients.
70% of the components we use are of dairy origin, with anti-caking agents, antioxidants, minerals and antibiotics; thus preventing anemias, pneumonia and dehydration in infections.
Method of use:
Dissolve 1 kg of milk replacer with 9 litres of drinking water to obtain 10 litres of milk. For better dissolution heat water to 42 / 43ºC and offer the calves the reconstituted milk to 38 / 39ºC. Repeat the same temperature and procedure in each of the daily servings.
Dehydrated whey, whole milk powder, vegetable fats, degreased micronized soy, extruded soy flour, powdered fat, flavourings, permitted dyes, additives, vitamins (lipo and water-soluble), macro minerals, lactose and trace elements.
- Quicker pre beginning calves
It is a premium balanced feed used for calves in dairy systems that make use of stakes to feed the animals. The main objective of this feeding program is to remove the “guachera”* calf at 30 days of life and not at 60/70 days as usual. It is a very interesting system for those dairy establishments that have the “guachera” in a place that is not the milking parlour. Avoiding the provision of milk from day 30 means a noticeable drop in operating costs. It’s a premium feed since this product contains ingredients which can’t be found in other feeds, such as extruded soy, extruded corn, micronized soy, whole milk powder and the addition of high biological value additives such as methionine, lysine, threonine, yeasts and coccidiostats.
Guachera*: a calf rearing system which separates calves from their mothers and makes use of stakes to feed them.
Program implementation mod.
The implementation system is very similar to a conventional balanced initiator. The points to consider are:
• 1.Once the calves enter the guachera system, supply during the first days small amounts of quicker, from 100 to 150 grams, so that they become familiar with the product. Sustained consumption starts from day 9 approximately.
• 2. From this point onwards start to supply on demand analysing feeders and preventing them from running out of feed. This does not mean that we must fill a bucket with a capacity of 2 Kilos so that a calf of 10 days can eat from it, but, we need to adjust our supply to their daily consumption.
• 3. When the intake reaches 400 grams and it continues for 3 consecutive days, the supply of milk or replacer is suspended. In all trials performed, this occurs on average at 30 days of life.
• 4. After the previous stage, quicker should be provided as the only feed until the daily intake of 1,000 grams is reached (this usually occurs from day 40). Continue with the water supply.
• 5. Between the 40 and 45 days make a gradual replacement of quicker to Santa Sylvina’s calf starter and start adding hay of excellent quality until the “guachera” period ends at day 60.
• 6. Continue with calf starter, hay and water from day 60.For more detailed information about the Quicker protocol, please contact our Animal Nutrition Department on our website or by phone.
Extruded cereals, by-products of the oilseed industry. Dairy products, yeasts, amino acids, antioxidants, mycotoxin sequestrants, Macro and micro ingredients, vitamins, monensin and flavouring.
- Calf Starter
Balanced feed for calves that are being artificially reared. Its formula is the result of 15 years of experience in the milking parlours of La Sibila S. A., where more than 2,000 calves are reared per year and in the Santa Fe – Cordoba dairy Basin. Along these years, we have been taking care of the genetic and health progress of the animals. Since the productive future starts from the feeding stakes , we use the best raw materials, combined with vitamins and minerals essential in this stage of growth. It has excellent palatability, which ensures rapid acceptance by the calves.
Method of use:
Calves are the animals that consume the least amount of food within an establishment. At the same time, they have the best conversion efficiency, that is why it is recommended to supply calf starter sensibly, trying to ensure that the calf never lacks food in this period, along with the 4 litres of milk daily distributed in two servings. The average consumption in the “guachera period” of this product is 700 grams, starting with consumptions of 250 grams the first week and finishing at day 60 eating 1,5 Kg. approximately.
Cereals, by-products of the milling industry and oilseeds. Macro and micro minerals, vitamins, mycotoxin sequester, monensin.
- Calf Development
Balanced specially formulated to continue with a correct development of calves after rearing them with Santa SYLVINA calf starter. Its adequate nutritional balance between proteins, energy and fibre and its high content of vitamins, minerals and additives, will allow optimal post-rearing. Calves will not be able to compensate for poor development at this stage at older ages, therefore, only the heifers that are well reared will become productive dairy cows in the milking parlour.
That is why Santa Sylvina, with help from experienced technicians and producers, developed an ideal feed for the animals at this stage of development to be used in meadows or confined establishments, which will make the female cows ready for mating in a shorter time, with an adequate body development of the mammary gland; and that the males are strong for winter.
Method of use:
Supply at the rate of 1.5% of live weight. Add good quality alfalfa hay.
Cereals, by-products of the milling industry and oilseeds. Macro and micro minerals, vitamins and monensin.